Serves: 1 if you can keep it away from others! Ok, should be about 8 real-people servings, and 16 if you go by what most recipes say it should be.
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules*
3/4 cup sugar (reduce to 2/3 cup if using sweetened coconut)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
* instead of instant granules, you can use 3 ounces of STRONG brewed coffee - add 2 tablespoons of flour if you do this.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mash bananas in a large bowl, then mix in butter and coffee.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- If you have a food processor, process the coconut until it is completely chopped up.
- Add the flour and coconut to the bowl and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a greased 4x8 inch loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack if you are patient, but I always cut into it while hot to enjoy it immediately.
Nutrition info for 1/8 of recipe (using 1/4 cup of butter): Fat - 8.4g Cal - 275 Carbs - 48 Protein - 3.8g
I sort of feel bad after putting this nutrition info, but then again Emeril's recipe, here, has 28.7g of fat and 508 calories for 1/8 of it! I think his is going to be an outlier on the heavy side, though.