Monday, September 28, 2009

I beg to differ! Somewhat.

I happen to like this site that comments on celebrity clothing, but today they may have crossed a line:

"It's like one of those Food Network shows that's trying to teach you to cook an entire meal lickety-split for $10: At the end of the day, it's just going to taste rushed, probably a little bland, and almost certainly like it only cost $10."

Now, I don't love all of the food network chefs, and the ones who use pre-chopped/pre-washed/pre-shredded EVERYTHING make me a little ill when they claim it's the same as doing it yourself, just quicker. (Semi-Homemade is fine by me. Even the title says it's not the same!) And garlic from a jar is often kinda bland. However, I have had some darn good meals for 4 that cost under $10. They can stick with fashion, I'll stick with food.

1 comment:

  1. Tiney wants to know WHO said that about her food network friends!
    Bland??? Not with cilantro, sage, rosemary and thyme in the garden! Not to mention the awesome tomatoes we have a bucketful of waiting to be sliced,diced and sauced!
    Yeesh!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Try this and want to share how it went? Have questions before you try it? Let me know!