It may seem simple and silly, but this is amazingly good! The sugar is helpful because the yogurt becomes more tart as it freezes. I have put this on graham crackers, cookies, and brownies, all with very good results. The prep time is under 5 minutes, though the freeze time will vary.
Frozen Yogurt without an ice cream machine
- Take 1 container yogurt for every 1-2 people and pour into zip-lock bag
- Add 2 tablespoons sugar per container (I use 6 oz containers here)
- Close bag and mush around with your hands
- Toss into the freezer for at least 15 minutes (could be a whole day or two ahead)
- Mush with your hands again before eating and enjoy!
Frozen Yogurt with an ice cream machine
- Put one container yogurt for every 1-2 people into canister of ice cream maker
- Add 2 tablespoons sugar per container
- Let the machine do it's thing - mine takes about 10 minutes for 12 ounces of yogurt to be ready