Monday, January 12, 2009

What we're here for

Hello fair readers,

This blog is about fast, easy, cheap food that is still (relatively) healthy. I am a graduate student, so I am perpetually short on time and money, but refuse to eat ramen or dollar menu daily (or ever.)

Luckily, I've been cooking and baking as long as I can remember and my brilliant sister and I have decided to share our favorite recipes. Some will be our own, others will just be good finds (because finding a good quick recipe can take longer than making a 3-course meal.) If anyone wants to give us more ideas, we're happy to have them and give credit where it's due.

Really, my biggest reason for posting these is to find new good things to eat and not forget the good treats that I've found in the past. If anyone else gets any use out of these, it'll just be icing on the cake!

1 comment:

  1. At least as long as you can remember! Each of you was cracking eggs to "help" by age 2 (started letting you try at 18 months) and you were 'measuring' dry ingredients as soon as you could successfully get a loaded spoon or cup to the mixing bowl ;-} Don't see a sugar cookie recipe here yet... have to send you mine before it is time to make Valentine cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Try this and want to share how it went? Have questions before you try it? Let me know!