Thursday, August 31, 2017

Day 10: fundraiser happy hour - maybe not the best idea

I think I'll probably eat salad more often after this. I have a better idea of how much I need to feel full, and it's a whole lot! No wonder I was always hungry after those tiny things from most grab and go kind of places. 

After work I went to a fundraiser happy hour near my house. Great idea, right? Hang out, free bowling, free food, support a good cause. Just skip the delicious alcoholic beverages, and all is well. Right? Well, turned out that they also had free food. Brisket loaded fries and hummus and pita and caprese skewers and focaccia. Tasty, tasty free food. Oh, and sliced fruit, I did have some of that. I know myself well enough that I brought nuts and dried figs to snack on, but you know what? I don't really like snacking on nuts that much, and after 10 days I am kind of tired of them. They are easy and all that, but they just...... I don't know. I don't want them very much, even though I've always had them with something else. Maybe it's the association that I'm eating them when I don't know what else to eat? Whatever it is doesn't matter too much, because it's not going to change the fact that I would rather have something else. But there isn't really a quick, simple something else that will have some fat to help keep me full. sigh. 

Long story short - I stayed too long for the amount of food I had and had a minor meltdown once i got home because I couldn't figure out what to eat. Luckily I had talked to Mr. More Calories before leaving, and he could tell I was not thinking it through right and he had a pan hot to make me food by the time I walked in.

Tomorrow I think I'm gonna have Chipotle for lunch.

Salad lunch!

Breakfast: sweet potato with pecans and blueberries
Lunch: Salad with tuna, pepitas and homemade mustard vinaigrette
Dinner: scrambled eggs, potato, and applegate organic hot dogs (I swear a hot dog has never tasted better in my whole life)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try this and want to share how it went? Have questions before you try it? Let me know!