Sunday, August 27, 2017

Days 5 & 6: Just don't lick your fingers

Day 5 was definitely the hardest for me so far because I was making kid food and had to resist my habits of tasting it to see if it was done enough, checking the temperature by tasting it, and licking my fingers to clean them off after breaking cinnamon sugar graham crackers. But I made it!

I also made it through the CUPCAKE HURRICANE. Ok, that's a tiny bit dramatic. My sister works at a cake and cupcake bakery that happens to be closed on Sundays. On Saturday we came to see her at the end of work and there were a lot of cupcakes left. Including the chocolate cupcakes with chocolate fudge frosting. I don't know what they put in that frosting, but it's amazing. And the peanut butter and jelly cupcakes! So good! Peanut butter frosting and raspberry (I think??) filling in the cupcake. YUM. I am a stress and procrastination baker, so once I am done with my 30 days and start reintroducing things, I may have to try to make those cupcakes with whole30-compliant ingredients. It could work, right? yes? no? maybe???


Erm, sorry, back to the point. The cupcakes that aren't sold, or taken home by employees, are trashed. Sad, but there's not a ton of choice. (Note: so many cities need an easier way to donate left over food!!) So I offered that if she took home more than usual, I would redistribute them to friends and coworkers. We have made 8 friends happy so far and there are more cupcakes heading to work with me tomorrow! I have been very careful to NOT lick my fingers after transferring cupcakes, too. Even the fudge frosting. And the peanut butter frosting. They are both still in the fridge........ and will stay there until I give them away.

Day 5
Breakfast: Eggs and... something? Not the boys' toast, maybe a banana?
Lunch: Left over shepherd's pie
Dinner: Tuna with home made mayo in a green bell pepper and salad
Snacks: Homemade egg white, fruit and nut bar ('magic bar' from here on because this saves me so much!), apple, baby carrots, dates, nuts

Day 6:
Brunch: Steak and potatoes hash, topped with guacamole and a poached egg (yay for whole30 options at restaurants!)
Dinner: 16-hour crock pot pork with roasted cauliflower, blueberries
Snacks: mixed nuts, magic bar, blueberries, apple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try this and want to share how it went? Have questions before you try it? Let me know!