Friday, August 25, 2017

Day 4: Prepping for the hurricane. And the weekend.

I'm a little surprised, I finally read the daily whole30 guide, and I didn't have any particular trouble so far. Too much time on food prep, I was sleep deprived for other reasons, but not a bad 'hang over' feeling or anything. I did dream about eating Naan last night, so that was pretty funny.

In other news, a hurricane is headed for Texas and while I'm live far enough inland that we'll probably be totally fine, there's just enough storm threat that people are acting weird.

I'm also babysitting from tonight until tomorrow, at the kids' house, which means taking all my food. And resisting the siren call of whatever food I need to make for children. I was proud that I did NOT grab a jelly bean from the table and eat it. But tomorrow I'll need to protect my chicken from the youngest, who's a picky eater but could eat chicken all day long. And I have to find indoor activities to entertain them if this storm really hits. Wish me luck!

Breakfast : hard boiled egg, sweet potatoes, pecans, blueberries. (it's becoming a thing)

Lunch : left over sweet potato hash

Dinner : shepherd's pie, but with the corn and peas swapped out for zucchini and broccoli stems.

Snacks : home made rx bar, nuts, apple, dried figs, half an avocado

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try this and want to share how it went? Have questions before you try it? Let me know!