Monday, September 4, 2017

Days 13 & 14: Visitors and restaurants

This weekend the nephews stayed through Sunday and their mom (my sister) got to hang out, too! It was slightly easier to not eat their food while in MY house with few options for them and a lot of options for me. Mr. More Calories's parents also came into town, so they got to meet more of my family, too.

I gotta say, the paleo porridge is just not my favorite thing to the point that I'm going to quit trying to improve it and not post a recipe. With a bunch of fruit thrown in it's ok, but even then it's just ok.

One helpful thing was that Mr. More Calories had noted my increasing stress this week with trying to DO ALL THE THINGS and picked out a few restaurants where I could eat and we could feed the boys. So I had a bison patty on top of a dressing-free baby kale salad at a burger place we love while they all enjoyed burgers and fries. I did miss the blue cheese and hot sauce that I normally eat on that burger, but the salad was better than I expected. Then for dinner we went to a paleo restaurant and the boys enjoyed their rice flour chicken tenders and cassava flour pancakes while my sister and I shared whole30 compliant tacos and thai green curry.

Tonight we're headed to a bit of a splurge restaurant (thanks, parents!) where they have a few things that look compliant and his parents have already been in touch with the restaurant to confirm that they will have things to make for me. Yay!

Other than that, I have out dinners planned out for the week and will mostly have leftovers for lunch. That really is the easiest thing. I'm getting pretty good with sweet potatoes, egg, nuts, and fruit for breakfast, too. I might roast up some sweet potato and apple to have it in a different format this week. Variety is good.

I still don't really feel much difference. I know it usually takes a minimum of two weeks to see real differences, and 3 to 4 weeks isn't uncommon. I just hate being patient. I admit that it's oddly kind of empowering saying no to all the things I want to eat, but I also find myself wanting to eat everything I see, like butterfinger baking bits and hatch pepper lime sandwich cookies. Mmmm, I'm sure they're delicious together!

Saturday
Breakfast: Paleo Porridge with pecans and peaches
Lunch: Bison meat and baby kale and arugula salad
Dinner: thai green curry, brussels sprouts, chicken taco
Snacks: magic bar, peach, probably something else?

Sunday
Breakfast: Paleo Porridge with pecans and peaches
Lunch: Leftovers - thai green curry and kale sausage soup
Dinner: Something delicious, we'll see
Snacks: magic bar, cherries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try this and want to share how it went? Have questions before you try it? Let me know!