Monday, September 18, 2017

Days 25-28! Not good at daily check-ins :)

So, the weekend and Monday all passed without any word from me. Sorry. 


We had my nephews, as usual, and they stayed till Sunday mid - day doing exciting things like shopping for the week's food. Last night was Deconstructed shepherd's pie, but it looks like the photo didn't save, sad. Maybe I'll remember to take one at lunch if you're lucky. 

I again made it through the weekend without eating food I made, so that's good. I did feed them more salad than they're used to, they were not happy with me about that. But my goal is to make them healthier, not happier. The 4 year old even ate a good bit of his hours later when he learned that the mini ice cream he picked out was off limits to salad haters. 

I gotta say, I'm looking forward to reintroduction. I'll probably do my own version since not all legumes are equal. For example, soy and peanuts are much more common allergens than black beans. But white rice first since many medical elimination diets leave it in. 

I think a peanut egg white oatmeal bar could make a really good small meal as long as I respond well to the ingredients. We'll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try this and want to share how it went? Have questions before you try it? Let me know!