Monday, February 9, 2009

Quick "Baked" Apples

I made this as a single-serving dessert experiment, and I will definitely do it again. It had a good texture that I hadn't expected from the microwave. I used a bowl covered in plastic wrap, but I bet a steam bag would be worth trying, too. If you want to use more than one apple, increase the cooking time and stir apples half way through.

Quick "Baked" Apples
Total time: 5-10 minutes

1 medium apple
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbs packed brown sugar (more if you're using a granny smith)
whipped topping
graham cracker or granola

Slice the apple into 8-12 slices (like the kind you make for little kids) and sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Place in a microwave-safe dish and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Microwave for 60 seconds on high. Remove and top with broken graham cracker or granola and then whipped topping for a more crisp- like dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try this and want to share how it went? Have questions before you try it? Let me know!